The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Tuesday 25 March 2008

The Visitor

Bless me everyone for I have sinned, and to make matters worse I don't regret it and will do it again if need be.

I'm a murderer.


Yes, you read it write I am a big, not at all sorry murderer.
I killed tonight and I will kill any other family members or friends I see near me or my home.
This is my confession and my vow.

This is the victim, I don't know his name so let's call him "George" or how about "Blair"?


This is one of the problems of living in the country specially once the weather starts getting warmer. Let all visions of rosy, comfy countryside disappear from your minds forever. This is the reality.

Living rurally means lots of trees, bushes, fields and peoples dumped rubbish.
Living rurally means insects, lots of insects, bugs, spiders, creepy crawly things.

Opposite my home is fields and farm land, horses are ridden past my garden gate and there are trees and bushes near, very near that are starting to be inhabited by the most disgusting bugs and flying things imaginable.

It's impossible to keep them all out as houses do need fresh air blowing through occasionally, 4 year old boys need to play in the garden. Housing association home are built pretty shoddily and our doors and windows have permanent gaps that let in more than just wind (due to poor workmanship).

It's time to get my summer supplies ready (no, not suncream).

  • Ant powder.
  • Salt.
  • Powder bleach.
  • Heavy book (spiders).
  • Fly spray.
  • My mum on the phone for sympathy and shared disgust /horror.

2 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

mint helps drive many insects away from your house too. I can't stand bugs.

Tamie said...

Tis a funny list!

Sunscream? Is that like icecream?

Lol