The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Saturday 20 October 2007

Monetary Happiness?

Sometimes I think all I really need to make my life happy is enough money to be able to live comfortably although untold riches is something I wouldn't turn down either.

Then I think of the famous people I know of that have / have had no money worries at all & their lives just don't don't seem to be filled with joy & happiness.
But then poverty doesn't make for a joy filled life either, I know from personal experience.

Take poor old Britney Spears for example; she had it all, gorgeous, sexy, talented & lots of money. 2 unhappy marriages later & she seems unable to cope with life sober & incapable of even looking after her own kids.
Her money has not made her life happy so maybe money isn't the way to find or even keep happiness.

Although I wouldn't mind trying

2 people have experienced mischief:

suchsimplepleasures said...

i've been walking around my house having a temper tantrum in my head about the very same thing you just wrote about!!! it pisses me off that these people, with all of their wealth, are so undeserving!!! and then there are families in major need (or, in my case, kinda major...not major major)who have to watch the going ons of these celebrities!!! how unfair!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind giving it a try, too.

I think in Britney's case, a lot has to do with her unstable family life. If she had a more solid support system, I would think that things would have turned out better for her. It's such a sad story.