The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Tuesday 25 September 2007

Simply The Best

I want to recommend a blog to you all, it's written by an extremely troubled man who has lived & battled through more than we could ever think of. This man writes so honestly & from the heart that you can almost feel what he is feeling. He has made me cry, laugh & be filled with optimism & pessimism.

It's an amazing blog & has taught me a lot about people, homelessness, schizophrenia & life in general. His is the first blog I check & the one that I recommend to you all.
There should be a law to make people read it.

This is a bit of his biography stating a bit about him & his blog.

"I am a 35 year old schizophrenic and alcoholic.
I was homeless for six months during the winter of 2003/2004.
I discovered blogs while searching for information about homelessness and the rest is history.

The early days of this journal were about my homeless experiences. It evolved to encompass tales about a group of misfits whom I call friends -- transients, panhandlers, and homeless men. The journal is a daily discovery for my readers and a look into the life and times of someone saddled with mental illness and addiction issues. Rosa, my lover and confidant, is also featured prominently in these tales. She comes from a background of homelessness and addiction as well.

I hope you learn something from this journal -- even if just to understand a little bit about schizophrenia and the life and times of a recovering soul. Thanks"

If that makes you want to discover more then head on over to The 4th Avenue Blues.

2 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

WOW.

GREAT blog.... thanks for the link!

I will go check that out right now!

Tootsie said...

That is a great blog. Thanks for pointing it out.