The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Saturday 1 September 2007

Being sick doesn't mean you get to sleep!

I've been ill all day, vomiting, headache, cold chills, weakness & general feeling of eeeuuuwwww.
Feeling like death as we go to sleep although I am feeling quite proud I managed to stay up till eleven p.m.

02:15 Marshall enters our bedroom
02:16 Marshall gets into bed on Robin's side
02:16 Robin moves to the middle of the bed
02:17 Marshall starts "Dad can I have your drink?"
02:17 Robin turns onto his side & starts breathing heavily out his mouth
02:18 Robin is breathing on my neck & back, it's not pleasant & makes me itch
02:18 Marshall starts "Dad can I have your drink?"
02:18 Marshall asks again louder "Dad can I have your drink?"
02:19 Robin ignores Marshall & continues blowing like a steam train.
02:20 Marshall starts playing
02:21 Robin ignores Marshall & continues blowing like a steam train.
02:23 Marshall starts adding voices & sound effects to his games.
02:30 Robin starts snoring an inch from my ear
02:35 Marshall "Dad?, Daad?, Daddy? "I want your drink"
02:35 Robin ignores Marshall & continues blowing like a steam train & snoring.
02:36 Marshall "dad, daad, daaad, dad, daddy, dad, I (pause) want (pause)
a (pause) drink! dad, daad, daaad?"
02:37 Robin ignores Marshall & continues blowing like a steam train & snoring.
02:37 I give up, kick Robin as I'm getting up, & tell Marshall we're going
downstairs.
02:38 Robin continues snoring & blowing like a fog horn.
02:40 I'm awake, Marshall is awake & we're downstairs watching some stupid cartoon.
I'm not filled with feelings of love & warmth towards anyone right now
specially as I'm now too awake to sleep & foghorn up there is blissfully
asleep in the land of nod. All he had to do was open the damn drink bottle
& all 3 of us would be asleep now.
02:41 Robin continues blowing like a steam train,snoring loudly & sleeping
peacefully.
02:42 I start plotting my revenge. I don't know what it is gonna involve but at
the moment nothing is off limits.

2 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

what she didnt say was i had been up for about 30 hours with an hours sleep before this happened

Unknown said...

Oops...am I landing into a domestic argument?

It goes the same way in many many households. The person who sleeps worst at that moment takes the problem and tries to solve it.

We have been firm with our kids.
No begging for drinks during the night.
There's a mug and water in the bathroom.

But I can understand how it feels on both sides. Because sleep is needed so badly.

Thanks for participating in the august give-away. What a pity you didn't win.
But the september issue is up, so that's another chance.
Feel welcome to join.