The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Friday 31 August 2007

Write Anyway - Self-respect.

Self-respect.

I’d like you to write about self-respect. What does it mean to you? Is it important to you? Do you respect yourself? Do you think other people respect themselves?

Tell me about what self-respect means to you and whether or not you respect yourself.


I could not be happy if I didn't have respect for myself, other peoples respect (or not) for me takes second place to my own feelings of self-respect.
I live by what I think is right, hopefully without causing anyone else pain or hurt but I have to be happy that I have lived & made decisions according to my thoughts & opinions without interfering in my feelings of self worth.

Self-respect to me, covers my ability to make decisions, forgive others & my actions, thoughts & opinions. If I do not trust me to make the right decisions for me how can I trust myself to think about what is right for others.

I respect myself for making the decisions that are right for me at the time. Many times I could have taken the easier path but did not because my self-respect would not let me belittle myself. I have to act & stand up for what I believe in even though others may have opposing views I will stand up for what I believe is right.
How could I live with myself otherwise?

Other people may or may not respect you, it is how you feel about yourself that is important. As long as I can look at myself & feel happy sure in the knowledge that I am a person worth knowing, in other words as long as my self-respect & self-worth is intact then I am happy with myself.

0 people have experienced mischief: