The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Sunday 20 July 2008

Laughter And Tears.



When is the last time you laughed so hard it hurt? And what was so funny?

The last time I laughed like this was when I was really annoyed with my (then) husband and he kept on trying to be "amorous". I was getting more and more irritated but he just didn't want to hear it. So, after being treated like an amusement arcade for a while (you know twiddle, fiddle, poke, prod etc, etc) I did the only thing that would guarantee he would leave me alone.

I farted. I did the biggest, smelliest, most off-putting stench explosion I could muster.

It worked, he backed off so quickly that he lost his balance and fell off the bed, hitting his head on the bedside table on his way down and landed on the floor with an egg shell of a bump right next to his eye. He was in pain, he hurt and the sound of crying could be heard from three streets away.

Only the crying was mine, inter-mingled with hysterical laughter as he sat on the floor, holding his head and complaining of double vision.

This was when I realised that

(1) I didn't want to be married any more.

(2) I love bedside tables.

1 people have experienced mischief:

Susan Demeter said...

G'ahhhhh!!!! Funny story though :) Mine is up now too. If you have some time please do stop by :)