The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Tuesday 1 April 2008

A Rose By Any Other Name (is still a rose)

You may be thinking this is a post about flowers, as in roses. Well, you're wrong I just wanted to title my post this it is actually a major piece of news about me and my atrociously bad / worsening health.

I have a diagnosis finally.
I have a name for some of my health problems and sundry pains.
The doctor has ideas on how to help me live with this.
At last there is light at the end of the tunnel so to speak.

I have osteoporosis.

People are more susceptible to osteoporosis if:

they have been on certain immuno depressant medications.
they have diabetes mellitus
they have a low bmi
they have digestive problems like Crohns or severe ibs
they have psoriasis

All of those are me!

While a diagnosis of osteoporosis isn't a good thing. It's something I will have forever after all but it is a diagnosis. Now, I have a name for the pain and aches, I feel kind of validated. When I had no diagnosis I felt like some people thought it was all in my head or that I was exaggerating rather like a cold becoming man flu.
Now, I feel believed, validated almost.
I feel better even though it isn't exactly good news.

I now need to think up some other phrase to go on my grave "I told you I was ill" just doesn't have the same ring to it now I have a diagnosis.

1 people have experienced mischief:

Tamie said...

Its good to have a diagnosis finally. I'm glad you have it so you can be properly treated. God bless you.