The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Thursday 17 April 2008

Money And Sense

Emma's one rich witch!

Harry Potter's sidekick Emma Watson turned 18 on Tuesday and finally gained access to the $20 million she's accrued from playing Hermione in the hit movie series.

I can't imagine having $20 million at any age such a young age. Just being able to spend without having to think twice or juggle bill payments would go to anyones head, even more so if you're only eighteen years old. It's not only a lot of money, it's a lot of power and arse kissers and fame and people running around doing your bidding.
How can anyone keep their feet on the ground with all that going on?


Her parents have made sure she knew a thing or two about money management before taking control of her fortunes. They sent her for finance lessons from Coutts bank, which also advises Queen Elizabeth, so that her jackpot doesn't quickly disappear into thin air.

Why isn't this done for every star who earns a lot of money in a short time? Maybe if they were taught how to handle fame and yes-men and were able to practice restraint when it comes to financial matters then we wouldn't see so many bad role models like Paris and Britney.

I think her parents have been incredibly wise in making their daughter do this and I think it's one of the best examples of parenting I've seen in a long time.

1 people have experienced mischief:

Tamie said...

I think they were wise too. Of course
I never needed any finance lessons because I've never had much money either.