The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Sunday 30 March 2008

BlogTalkers #66




Think back …

If you could go back in time and witness one event from your family’s history, what would it be? (Be specific).
How would this change impact your life?
How would this change impact the lives of those close to you?



I would love to witness my father and mum get together.
I'd love to be able to see just what the hell she saw in him back then.
To be blunt, handsome was never an adjective used in conjunction with my father but my mother was attractive, slim and in style when they met. Mum is and was up-to-date in her likes and dislikes where my dad was heavily into watching the news, adoring his bank balance and speculating on when the next World War would be.

I'd love to hear the conversations they had and just to see what they were really like as people in their own right, not a husband, wife or parent. What they were like before they had responsabilities and a family to raise.

I don't think it would impact my life in any earth shattering way but I would think I would understand them more and "know" them more.

I know all I want to know about my father (trust me, he never was what I'd class as a dad, provider yes but dad no) but my mum is such an amazing woman with all these experiences and thoughts that I will never know. AND I'm nosy damn it! I want to know it all!

3 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

Amanda -- you did such a great job on this one. I found this question difficult.

Gina said...

Great answer. Something like that might not have a huge impact on your life, it would be great to know our parents as 'people' before they were parents instead of just the 'mom and dad' that we see now.

Would I want my kids to see that part tho, hmmm I dunno LOL

Anonymous said...

I like your answer! It was hard for me as a kid to see my parents as people with lives before me and outside the home. Seeing what your parents were like in their pasts would definitely be an interesting experience.