The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Friday 18 January 2008

24 Hour Blur

Why is my son only ill (at deaths door almost) at night?

I admit it what little patience / sympathy I have for the illnesses of others has been pretty much used up and all but gone.

Daytime consists of whines, moans, groans and enough bad behaviour for 100 children.

Night consists of coughs, splutters, snores, doing the Highland Fling and waking up constantly because he can't breath and more and more crying.


My days are passing by in a blur through lack of sleep, my nights are spent wishing I could sleep and checking to make sure he's still breathing.


Any illness or bug in a 100 mile radius will find my son, and through him, will get to me.


Does anyone else have a bug / virus / illness magnet for a child ?
One that creates muck, mess and chaos with every step ?

3 people have experienced mischief:

Sarah♥ said...

I've spents days/weeks on end with my son sick...but as a mother, you deal with it, with compassion and love. Its crap not sleeping, but when we get pregnant, we pretty much sign away any decent nights sleep for the next 18 years.

Just a week or two ago my son was poorly. I spent everynight for 6 days on his bed making sure he was okay. I didn't sleep...not good, but as i said, has to be done :)

madamspud169 said...

I know as a mum we have to and do all we can for our kids specially when it comes to night-time hugs and feel betters but I'm not going to pretend to other "grown ups" that it's easy or that I like it. I'm too busy feeling crap and looking after my son to do that.
My son knows he can rely on me to love and help him when he's ill, I love that fact I just use this blog to whinge about it lol

Sarah♥ said...

Oh goodness, its not easy, its bloody hard dealing with sick children and it IS exhausting when you have a household with 3 cats and a puppy too (that sleeps LESS than my son).

The JOYS of motherhood...
I'm sure there is a blog called that somewhere :)

Here's to the next 15 years..