The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Thursday 13 December 2007

Strange Food.


I go through phases of loving certain food items and eating them till I can't even look at them anymore.

My most recent craze has been Mini Kievs by Bernard Matthews.

These are balls of chicken wrapped in breadcrumbs with a cheesy, herby, creamy sauce and they are totally gorgeous.

They are the George Clooney of frozen chicken products.


I bought a pack the other day and today I put 5 small balls in the oven, waiting the 25 minutes they took to cook, salivating, literally drooling at the smell emanating from the oven.

I was really, really looking forward to them.


You know disappointment is coming don't you, it's yet another case of sods law.


When I cut into the balls instead of an eruption of the sauce I love so much there was only chicken. There was no sauce. There wasn't even any hollow space where the sauce should have been. There was just chicken.


The chicken is very, very dry without the sauce so I cut the balls into quarters and made one cat very, very happy and full up.


I put 5 of the largest balls of chicken I could find in the oven and when I cut into them I found loads of sauce.


I can understand a whole pack without sauce, it could be due to a manufacturing malfunction but to affect only the smallest ones is just plain weird.

2 people have experienced mischief:

MommyHeadache said...

Those kievs do look scrummy...do give them another chance!

awannabe said...

dam those George Clooney balls... lol!

Oops I mean George Clooney chicken balls!