The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Friday 16 November 2007

Fuel for thought

Petrol has gone up yet again here in the U.K

My local garage, one of the cheapest locally is now charging

wait for it

£1.009 a litre

$1.95 a litre

Yep, you read it right nearly 2 bucks a bloody litre.

*****

My crystal ball foretells of transport strikes in the near future (again).
Our government keeps doing this, they just cannot keep their avarice (greedyness) under control. We already pay more tax and higher prices and rates of interest than any other country for less service and they leeches still want more.

It's ridiculous when you live in a rural area (like me) and work is 30 miles away (like hubby) AND you have to choose between eating well or petrol to get to and from work.

I wish I was an expat!

I had a comment on this post saying that in the U.S they are paying $3 for a gallon, that's around £1.47.

So for the sake of 45 pence they get a gallon.

AND some Brits think Americans are stupid!
They aren't paying our petrol prices.
Whos the stupid ones now?

2 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

In America we are paying $2.65 - $3.00 a gallon and I live in the Midwest where it is lower, I believe than the coasts.
Discouraging, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Well, we have no car.
The father of the kids goes to his work by train...well, in fact by bycicle, train, bycicle.