The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Tuesday 4 September 2007

Unrequited Love

Today I want you to write about your unrequited love. You may have a few, but pick out one and go with it.

How did it happen? Did your love slowly grow, or did it hit you all of the sudden? What was s/he like? What made you fall so hard? Was s/he with someone else? Were you mortified if you did anything “stupid” around him/her?


Unrequited love is such a hard thing to deal with, it can strike at any age, without warning & is I'd guess pretty soul destroying. All those thoughts running around your head; what is he doing right now? Who is he with? What is wrong with me? Why doesn't he like me back?
I'm thankfull I never really went through this.

The nearest I ever came to it was my best friend in college, I'll call him Chris because that's not his name. He liked me as much as I liked him but being friends was too important to both of us to take the risk of actually getting together & it all going wrong.
He was always there for me with advice, care & attention, honesty & friendship, I never realised until later when different directions in life made the friendship slowly wither through lack of contact just how rare & wonderful his friendship was.

I loved "Chris" as a friend & as a person just as he did me but timing was never my forte & I guess some things just aren't meant to work out.
We always thought we would end up together in time but growing up, university & life got in the way of those plans but I will never stop thinking of him with a smile, maybe even a wistful smile occasionally.

He was the first true friend I had & I will always be grateful to him for that even though we lost touch many years ago I still think of him now as a friend.

1 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING worse than unrequited love...

My personal story is too long to leave as a comment...maybe you have inspired a future post for me!