The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Sunday 27 April 2008

Blog Talkers - Fear



Blog Talkers

Don’t be scared.
When was the last time you were afraid? What scared you? And how did you conquer your fears as a child? How do you conquer your fears today? What scares you the most? Do you have nightmares? If so, what are they? What was the most bizarre nightmare you’ve ever had? What was the most bizarre nightmare anyone has ever told you?
I have never been the type to be scared of much except for spiders and bugs of course but since becoming a mother the list of things I am scared of has gotten much longer. I am always worried now and the worries never diminish they only grow.
My fears now mainly concern my loved ones like my mothers health and life now she's getting older or my sons health, safety and happyness. Pretty much par for the course when you become older and have children. There is no real way to conquer these fears but you do learn to live with them and time passes between the worries coming to my attention or being actively thought about.
Luckily I never had any major fears as a child, my mother has always been such a capable, independent woman that I knew she could and more importantly would help me to solve any problems or difficulties I came across. This has pretty much been the story of my life whenever I have a worry I can always rely on my mums advice or failing that a quick search on Google to find a way of dealing with or more information on my current worry.
The only long-lived, nightmarish fear I have is of being buried alive or of waking up in a coffin and having no way to let anyone know. I don't know why this scares me so much, it's obviously not something I've had experience of but I have had nightmares about this for years.
Not even my mum can take away this fear!

1 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda -- our little Blog Talker community is diminishing!
It is hard to be first because there is no one to visit! I have to wait.

Anyways, I had a hard time with the questions this week also.

I had never considered my Dad or MILs health or well being as fearful like you did but I would now consider it.

Maybe you dream of the coffin because at times, when things overwhelm you, you might feel overwhelmed and suffocated by outside issues that make your inside issues hard to deal with.
Just a thought.