The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Thursday 20 December 2007

My Zing Has Gone.

It's not just my get up and go that has got up and left, it's my willingness to leave the house too.

It's just so much hassle and it requires energy and thought and interaction with other people.

It means being nice to people I dislike and it means leaving the central heating.

It means getting dressed and trying to look half human.


I'm indoors 99% of the week, I don't go out at all.
You need to drive to go anywhere even the shop is miles and miles away.
I don't drive and there's NO buses.

I've got so used to being in now that I don't want to go out anymore. It's too much of an effort and I miss my own things and warmth. No-one has their home as warm as I do.
I just can't be bothered with getting myself looking half decent. It's much more comfy in my p.j's.

When did I get this old? Lets list my ancientness.

  • I prefer to stay in.
  • I get annoyed by other peoples children.
  • I've got the odd grey hair.
  • Wrinkles. I've got bloody wrinkles.
  • Policemen look like they should be in school still.
  • My winter slippers have fleece inside them.
  • I wear glasses.
  • I have a hot water bottle.
  • I don't like modern music. I like stuff from decades ago ie; the 80's.
  • There's never anything worth watching on tv.
  • I've found myself saying "when I was a kid".
  • I prefer comfort to fashion.

I'm not even going to mention sagging, impatience and desire for sleep rather than lust filled nights.

I admit it. I'm old damn it. Old before my time.

1 people have experienced mischief:

Sarah♥ said...

Hi..i am only 32 and these are what applied to me..

I prefer to stay in....DEFINITELY. I GO OUT TWICE A WEEK. WORK AND SHOPPING.

I get annoyed by other peoples children....NOT SO MUCH

I've got the odd grey hair....I HAVE TO DYE MY HAIR BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY.

Wrinkles. I've got bloody wrinkles...I HAVE MORE THAN MY 63 YEAR OLD MOTHER.

Policemen look like they should be in school still...I HAVE A POLICEMAN FRIEND, HE'S 24!

My winter slippers have fleece inside them....YES. ALWAYS.

I wear glasses....YES.

I have a hot water bottle... YES, ITS RAMMED UP MY T-SHIRT RIGHT NOW.

I don't like modern music. I like stuff from decades ago ie; the 80's...I LIKE ALL MUSIC

There's never anything worth watching on tv...NEVER. 400 CHANNELS OF SKY AND I TURN OFF!

I've found myself saying "when I was a kid"...LOL. YEP.

I prefer comfort to fashion...ABSOLUTELY. I GO FOR LOOSE AROUND THE STOMACH AND SLOPPY TOPS.

Also, i am a lover of PJ's. I am only dressed on the days i HAVE to go out.

You are NOT alone.