The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Thursday 29 November 2007

My Husband Works For A Scrooge.

I've just found out that my husband is expected to work the days below for the usual money, no bonuses or anything. He's not even allowed to stay at home until he is needed but has to go in and wait in the office. This will leave my son & I alone on

  • Christmas Eve.
  • Christmas Day.
  • Boxing Day.
  • New Years Eve.
  • New Years Day.

There are many men working for this company who do not have young kids like we do.
Why not get them to work Christmas and have New Years off, that way they get to celebrate New Years which is more for the childless anyway.

It makes logical sense to me.

Even worse is the fact that although everyone is paid at least a bonus if not double or time and a half this company which will be charging more will force their staff to work for the usual pitiful amount.

Wanna bet the bosses will be surprised when staff are miserable and unwilling to do favours or work overtime!

3 people have experienced mischief:

Sarah♥ said...

Don't feel too bad, you're not alone. My husband has the 22nd and 23rd off, then he's working right through to the 2nd Jan, and adding insult to injury, his shift patterns are crap too. Wonderful!

awannabe said...

What is boxing day? Most businesses are closed here on Christmas day.... to make it extra stresful for me, he's taking the week after Christmas off.

I think I need to convince him to get back on Prozac..... (cries)

Barb said...

Oh that's awful!!!

This is better though.. Your caption made it to the final vote. :)