The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Friday 30 November 2007

Christmas - Bah Humbug? (I can't even buy humbugs!








This is another whiny, whingy, moany post. I'm sorry but I just can't believe what has happened. It's buggered up Christmas completely. Hell, it's buggered up the entire month of December.

And we can't even afford food this month let alone presents.

We got Robins wages today a grand total of £1,000. Sounds a lot doesn't it but it isn't when you consider these:

Rent £400
Electric £60
Petrol $100 (petrol is currently £1.09 a litre)
Council Tax £120
Arrears £200

That leaves a grand total of just over £100 for presents for 12 people not including our son and food.

Christmas is going to be shit. I mean it I'll say it again shit, shit, shit!

I don't even want to think about food or getting through the month. I'll just not eat as much or as often. I don't mind presents for my son are more important to me.
And yes I know this makes me materialistic but it's the way I feel and my feelings so back off! All the Christmas is for family togetherness and you can bake cookies together and make memories to cherish is crap. Yes, crap.
Kids want presents specially at four years old.

Robin and I aren't buying each other anything for each other this year which just breaks my heart. I want to buy him things to show him how much I love and appreciate him because I know he needs to feel this. It's been a hard, difficult year financially, emotionally and health wise.
I can't do this and no, breakfast in bed or Christmas nookie won't help.


I bloody hate Christmas and to top it all Robin is working New Years Eve too.

2 people have experienced mischief:

Unknown said...

Aaw, I'm so sorry :-( Christmas is pretty crap when you don't have any money. Really, it should be about togetherness and baking, but I think those days are long gone.

This probably isn't the most responsible suggestion, but is there anything you can delay paying till the new year? That was the strategy I used when I was a single parent. Not the best solution but as they say needs must etc.

Barb said...

That's awful when you have a young one in the house who still believes in Santa Claus. :(