The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Tuesday 28 August 2007

Write Anyway - Respect.

Who do you respect? Take some time to describe this person. Then go on to describe why she or he is respectable. What did this person do to earn your respect personally? What is your relationship with this person? Is this the first person you ever respected? Did you instantly respect this person or learn to over time?

Tell me about it.


There are very few people I truly respect, don't get me wrong I treat everyone with respect where possible but that's different to truly respecting someone.

The one person I respect 100% is someone who has always been there for me through good times & bad, no matter how high the highs or how low the lows. She has what I consider to be fair, just & decent morals, she treats everyone with courtesy & respect & will always put herself in someone else's shoes before forming an opinion.
There is no problem or difficulty that this woman cannot handle & she is strong & independent.
She has taught me so much over the years & has never steered me wrong. I can rely on her to always do & say what is best for me, she never thinks of herself & the best of all she is fun & intelligent.

I haven't always respected this person as she deserves, I've treated her pretty shabbily at times in my life but her support for me has never wavered & I honestly don't know how she did it.

I respect my mum, I'm truly lucky to have such an amazing role model in my life.
If I manage to be half the woman she is I will be a truly inspirational woman.

3 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to your mum! Thanks for joining the Mothers and Daughters Blog Carnival.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is lovely! Well done!

Julie Arduini said...

What a great perspective on respect! This is perfect!