The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Monday 6 August 2007

Blog Talkers #1.



What do you most enjoy, or miss, about being single?

Whether you are single, unattached, married or committed there are good points & bad points to that status, the trick is to concentrate on the good points of your current status that make you happy & to learn how to change the way you see the bad points so that you are if not happy then at least content.

I am happily married & I'm more than content with my relationship & lifestyle however I can now appreciate more the things that I hated while I was single & enjoy the things I so desperately wanted.
For many people the grass is always greener on the other side & so whether in a relationship or not they always wish for the opposite as everything always seems much more fulfilling than what they have currently.

I'm happy that I have someone who is always on my side & that rather than feeling unloved & lonely I have someone to keep me company, comfort me when needed & support, encourage & praise me in everything I do. The feeling of knowing you are not alone in the trials of life & that someone thinks you are worth knowing, spending time with & yes even loving is an amazing feeling to have & we should all recognise this fact.

There are things I miss about being unattached but they are insignificant in comparison to what I gain through being married. I miss being able to please just myself with no thought for others, staying in my pyjamas or even in bed all day, only having to cook when I feel like it & being able to watch in pure silence what I want on the television.
It's thinking of & looking after myself & myself alone that I miss at times but living just to please yourself is not a satisfying way of life & the benefits are minimal at best.

I do not miss enough of the single life to wish to be part of it again, I'm lucky enough to understand & appreciate the benefits of having someone with me & for me in every way & I wouldn't want my life to be any other way.


To join in with the Blog Talk writing prompts / meme's please click on
Blog Talk

3 people have experienced mischief:

Anonymous said...

"I do not miss enough of the single life to wish to be part of it again"

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Kathie said...

Single? After nearly 30 years of marriage, I´m not sure I can remember much about it. Like you said, there are insignificant things about being single (like getting to hold the remote) that would be nice, but certainly not worth being single again.
Great post.
And thanks for visiting my blog and for you kind comment.
Blessings from Costa Rica

Susan Demeter said...

We are sooo in agreement on this! Welcome to blog talkers ... :)