The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Monday 13 October 2008

A silence I hated.



As I was coming home from delivering my son to school on my mobility scooter I had the "joy" of being stuck behind a truck slowly going through the village on route to a place I try not to think about ever. A place that has an aura / vibe that sucks all joy from you within a ten mile distance.

The truck was a filthy, dirty, muddy dark green truck with the back and both sides open, so I had a "wonderful" view of its completely silent cargo.

A view pretty identical to this:

Not the most pleasant sight is it!

I was stuck there behind this view all the way along the main road through the village but what really got me was that these chickens, crammed into cages seemed to know they were headed to certain death. They were completely silent, not even a single cheep or cluck. It was as if they knew.

It was awful, I can't get the sight off my mind, the silence, I could even sense their feelings of doom. I'm not kidding, I could feel it all around me. I will never forget it.

I'll never eat another meal that looks like this again. I just can't.

1 people have experienced mischief:

Sarah♥ said...

That is so sad.