The GOOD, The BAD & The MISCHIEF.

My adventures & misadventures in parenting & life.

Monday 14 July 2008

Promises And Let Downs.


Well, a couple of weeks ago I decided to become the "bestest mummy ever" and ordered my four year old an mp3 player from e-bay. I didn't get an i-pod because of the price and the fact my son isn't five till September. He will also drop it in the first five minutes and smash it to smithereens. I got him a cheapo version thinking I'd gain some real kudos and maybe some good behaviour. I made sure I ordered a pink one as it's his favourite colour and the pink is quite a "macho" pink unlike his usual preference of pale, pastel, delicate pink.
The ad said the seller was located in London, U.K. All well and good I live not too far from London so I told my son who got very excited and asked ten or so times a day if it was here yet.
It arrived on the twentieth day of waiting
Strangely the seller is in the capital city of England and states so on the ad, yet the item is sent from Hong Kong. Now please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Hong Kong miles and miles away from London? Hell, even the language and currency is different but it does make the fact it took three weeks to arrive more understandable.
It arrived, my son was so excited he was almost shaking, he couldn't wait to play it so after unpacking it I set about putting his songs onto it. I knew putting the songs on would be easy because I have an i-pod and if you can use something that complicated then a cheapo version will be easy. Right?
Wrong!
I've tried synching, copy & pasting and sending music to it and no success, nothing. The blooming thing wont appear as a device I can synch music to and copying and pasting just doesn't work.
I'm using the correct formats, yet still nothing, well, nothing except for one very upset son who thinks mummy has let him down in the biggest way possible.
I'm hoping that it might be because I'm on a vista laptop so when hubby gets home I'm going to try it on the XP desktop. If that doesn't work I'm going to curl up into a ball and cry.

1 people have experienced mischief:

Teena in Toronto said...

I still use a walkman. Ha! I seriously still do.